Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Psycho Murderer Syndrome

Dear God, it was an eventful day yesterday. Trouble with a bogus council worker ended up with me having to give a statement to the police. First time anything like that had ever happened to me, and I was shaken for hours. The really fun part was, "it" had swung around again the same morning with its usual toll of ruined PJs, frayed tempers, sore backs and Feminax. And, just to top it all off, there wasn't a bloody crumb of chocolate to be had in the house. Dad, gallant as ever, refused to do the decent thing and go down to the shop, trying to make out that he's the one who suffers most from PMS so I owed it to him, but I reminded him (very nicely) that it probably wasn't the best day to try that on.

Much better now, however, though I still haven't got back the will to write. Wonder if other women writers just completely lose it those first couple of days. I know I do. I tend to open a file, stare at the screen for hours, type a couple of swear words, then shut the computer down again.

And my letter from Glasgow Uni came through in the post this morning, saying they'd got my acceptance of the place. Just a few more things to sort out now. Feeling better now. Much better.

No comments: