Friday, December 21, 2007

Got slightly trigger-happy with the camera tonight - trying to warm it up for Christmas - and the cat was looking so cute and cuddly curled up on my bed. I couldn't resist!

Everyone, meet Cleo(patra). While Clio is the Muse of history, Cleo is my muse of historical fiction. I can't write if I don't have her purring away in the background. :)



Just look at the feline wisdom, lol!...



This third one is, "Name of Bastet, Kirsten, are you not done with sticking that thing in my face yet?":



Now that the Muse is settled down, I might actually be able to get something written today!

7 comments:

Gabriele C. said...

Aww, she's cute.

Maybe I should get me a cat muse; that drunken Scot I have isn't of much use. Sure, he looks sexy in that kilt, but he's involved in tavern brawls and swordfights more than he's here to help me.

Susan Higginbotham said...

Cute kitty! I have three. Unfortunately, they don't inspire me to do anything but take naps like they do.

Kirsten Campbell said...

Gabriele - Yes, cat muses are good. That Scotsman sounds like a bit of a handful, though! I also have the occasional centurion who wanders in when I'm in a slump, and threatens me with the vine cane if I don't get a move on. What can I say? It's... er... inspirational, I suppose. XD

Susan - That is always the danger with the cat muse. Especially at the start of the holidays, when we tend to share the same sleeping pattern...

Crystal said...

Ah, Scots, Sexy in kilts, Tavern brawls and sword fights, you say, Gabriele??? Sound like my kind of guy, he have any brothers???HHMMM??LOL!

That cat is beautiful Kirsten! How old is she? Cleo, huh? You need some male cats, probably an Antony or Caesar????

Gabriele C. said...

Crystal, he's fun to have around, but as muse, he's pretty useless. But I can ask him about brothers. :)

Jack Dixon said...

Hello, Susan. Good to see you here! Small world!

Jack

Crystal said...

Have a wonderful Christmas Kirsten, Jack and Gabriele!