Saturday, March 29, 2008

An award, and some hills and rain.

I've finally managed to get this post up, at long last.

I'd like to thank Gabriele for very kindly awarding me this. :) By accepting, it seems I also have to award it to ten more bloggers. Well, there aren't as many as ten blogs I read regularly - my online life, it seems, is about as deficient as my real one :P - but here are the ones I do, so here you go:

- Gabriele (yes, you're getting it again!)
- Crystal
- Sarah
- and Celedë.

But truthfully, all my friends and acquaintances on the Blogosphere deserve it. You know who you are. :)

Hope you're all having a good weekend so far. It's an afternoon for staying and doing nothing over here. My dad drove me out to Auchendavy farm a couple of hours ago so I could get a better idea of the lie of the land. Just the Campsie Hills - nothing very special - but it's nice to know exactly what my characters are looking at. Sadly, there's nothing to see, fort-wise, any more. No sign of Firmus, Eilwen, or Scaurus either - I think they were hiding from the rain that came on as soon as I got out of the car! ;) What a bleak, boring old posting the Antonine Wall must have been. God only knows what those Syrian archers along the road must have made of it!

Anyway, that's all I've got for now, but I might be back later. Something on the radio today gave me an idea for a post, but for now, have a good Saturday!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

A little bit late getting over here! I didn't see this one. Thank you sweetie!!!

Hope you have a good evening;o)

Sarah Cuthbertson said...

Thanks for nominating me, Kirsten! I do enjoy your novel excerpts and your historical and language posts.