Friday, June 6, 2008

I'm away to dig up Roman stuff!



Salvete, mei amici Bloggeri. Or something.

Well, I'm finally packed up, and the day has finally arrived! That's right, this is the day I cross Hadrian's Wall to join the diggers at Vindolanda! Can't actually describe how excited I am; let's just say, it's a good thing I'm typing this, 'cause last night the only thing I could say was, "Wheeee!"

Um... yeah.

Anyway, I can't stay long; I've got to catch my train to Carlisle (or should I say, Luguvalium?) in a couple of hours, and there's still one or two bits and pieces I need to look out. Just wanted to let you all know that I don't know when/if I'll have access to the Internet, but when I do, rest assured, I'll be over here to let you all know how I'm getting on. I've got the camera with me, too, so there'll be pictures, even if I don't get the 'Net while I'm down.



Oh, yeah, and the voices in my head are finally returning (yeah, I totally identify with Yugi Mutou!), so I might very well get some writing/editing done while I'm away. Hoping I'll soak up some inspiration while I'm down there. Knowing my luck, though, I'll unearth a whole herd of plotbunnies while I'm digging away. (Do plotbunnies move in herds? Or packs? Or marauding vigilante groups? I'll never know.)

Anyway, that's me signing off for now. Missing you already. :)

Valete.

3 comments:

Gabriele C. said...

Lol, I bet you'll unearth some plotbunnies. Look what happened to me. :)

Have fun playing in the mud.

Celedë Anthaas said...

Any chance you can sneak me along in your suitcase or something? :p Ah well, have fun :)

Crystal said...

Oh girl...HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!! You better have remembered your camera!!!lol! Hope it's a WONDERFUL experience for you sweet;o)