Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm alive!

...Hello, birds! Hello, trees! I'm alive...

Ahem.

We're having much more of a to-do getting the Internet in the flat set up than I thought we would. No, it's not up yet. I'm writing this from the university library. Hopefully we'll get it sorted out once and for all over the next couple of weeks. *fingers crossed*

Not been writing much, either. Shockgasp. I had an urge to play some Final Fantasy X, since I hadn't in a while. So I opened a new game and started to play. And kept playing. And kept on playing. That's the thing about those FF games; they're great, but they tend to suck you into a void of levelling up and insane plot twists. So that's what I've been doing. Thankfully, I think I've managed to extricate myself from it for now, and I've written the first sentence of the Severan novel. Go me. "It was the prickling of hairs on the back of his neck that first let Aelius know he was being watched." Whee, could I get any more cliche? I also have to do a bit of research on Roman Histria, since that's where the book begins. Histria and Tara. It takes a wee while for the focus to shift back to Scotland. Just as soon as Sinnoch and Maelchon rescue Aelius from the smouldering ruins of his farm and tell him, "Ever heard of the Taexali? No? Well, you're their king now."

Anyway, I'm not on my computer so I can't upload any pics of the flat yet. But I can tell you it's an absolute ball so far! Between mocking video games mercilessly and spending four hours - I kid you not - watching cheesy 80s' music videos, we're having the time of our lives. Oh, yeah, and that whole cooking/housework thing. Heh. This morning we were all up to watch CBBC. Yeah, you read that right. You have to wonder just how much drugs these presenters are on. And I will forevermore have nightmares about being kidnapped by one of those creepy monks from Raven. That is all.

So I'm off to have a wee swatch at your blogs and see what I've been missing. Just wanted to let you all know I'm still breathing. :)

See ya when I see ya!

2 comments:

Gabriele C. said...

"Ever heard of the Taexali? No? Well, you're their king now."

Roflol.

Get that internet up and running, girl, I miss you. And Nano's getting closer - you won't want to miss out on that one.

Kirsten Campbell said...

It's something to do with the landline, apparently. Argh.

Miss you, too. :(

I think I might just have a bash at NaNo this year. Better get myself registered up and have a look around the forums...