Saturday, September 27, 2008

Well, I've done it.

I've gone and offered up my soul to NaNoWriMo. And I'm pretty sure I've got at least two essays to do in November. I must be insane. Now I just need to work out which plotbunny I'm invoking for November. I'm a bit far in with Ancestor Crown to make it my NaNo, but then there are the other two books in the trilogy. Minus the odd snippet or two from later on, in "linear" terms, Book Two only has the first chapter written, and Book Three only has a sentence. Hm...

'Course, there are other plotbunnies, like that one I got the other night that featured monks on Iona. And Vikings. >:)

Now I should get going. I vowed to revise Latin this weekend, since this week's lectures proved just how much I managed to forget, and I want to fit in at least a couple of hours before the Prima Vista's Crap Saturday Evening TV marathon starts.

6 comments:

Gabriele C. said...

Yay, welcome to the madness.

I've already started a Roman thread in the Historical Fiction forum. Come over and join the fun. :)

Kirsten Campbell said...

Ooh, count me in! :)

Smarty said...

NaNo-madness, oh joy... Well, we're all in it together. I'll hang around in the Roman thread as well. I have a nasty suspicion that Julius Caesar wants to attend my butler conference. Damn him :P

Gabriele C. said...

Now that would be fun. He's such an arrogant prick he'll be sure to solve the murder, and fail miserably. Mwuaha :)

Kirsten Campbell said...

Nice to "see" you again, Smarty! :) NaNo solidarity!

Wouldn't Julius Caesar be more likely to end up as the body? >:)

Gabriele, I reckon Cicero's worse. And I have a very small soft spot for Julius Caesar... :)

Smarty said...

Well, they can both come, the more the merrier! Since it's going to be a parody anyway it doesn't really matter if I stray off topic :P
Maybe Caesar can be the totally random body that's discovered in the drawing room halfway through chapter 12 and then never mentioned again. He'll have the best death in literature (poisoned with trans fat - even organic chemistry can give you plotbunnies).

Of course, all this means that if your novels are invaded by people who don't belong there (say, Napoleon or William the Conqueror) you can send them to:
Smarty's NaNo08 Novel
Lord Butterbrayne's manor
Yorkshire Moors