Friday, January 23, 2009

It lives (again)

Geez, it's been a while since I've posted on here. Hopefully I can get a proper post up this weekend. I'm thinking something about either prophecies, or characters with heavy emotional baggage.

Anyway, where've I been? Settling back into uni, mostly. I finally dropped Latin (yaaay!) and transferred to Classical Civilisation. This semester it's Imperial Rome, and looking good so far. It was also a flimsy excuse to buy a shiny new copy of the Annals. (Tacitus fangirl - how sad can you get?)

I've also been crashing out before nine o'clock at night, which is totally weird for me, since I'm the sort of person who can usually stay up pretty much all night. So I've not really been getting much apart from uni work done. D'oh.

In other news: I've volunteered to help school kids at an ancient technology workshop that the Hunterian Museum is organising. Which is fine... except for the fact I'm terrified of small children. Yeah... this is going to go well...

And in Archaeology we've actually started doing practical work! This week it was an introduction to topographical survey, which meant we spent up to two and a half hours outside, in the freezing cold, trying to do a plane table survey of the grassy area outside the Archaeology building. Can you say, "Brass monkeys?" Not fun. I couldn't feel my fingers by the end. I suppose I should consider that my proper introduction to archaeological practice. ;)

And isn't it encouraging to know that there's at least one archaeology student in my class who doesn't realise that a dead body isn't an artefact? What are we in - second year?

What time's that? After 2 am. Wow, that's the first time in over a week I've seen that time on the clock. We in the flat have just had a fun evening taking the mickey out of Braveheart, so I think it's bedtime for me. :)

Will be back at some point this weekend with something more substantial. Promise.

2 comments:

Gabriele C. said...

Welcome back to the land of the zombies. :)

Kirsten Campbell said...

Heheh. Braaaaains...