Sad, eh? But I just love these things. Ideal for the procrastinating writer. You can put your MCs in stupid situations and claim it's "character development". ;) So, while I run around some more to sort out Honours/flat/summer stuff, here's one I did earlier. For best results, put names in a hat and number them at random! :D (I know, I know, technically three of them aren't characters I made up, but just go with it.)
Choose ten of your OCs, then answer the questions.
1) Aedán mac Fionn - Gairea's cousin, a novice Druid
2) Sargaid ní Illan - Chief Druidess of the Epidii tribe; Gairea's mentor
3) Gaius Decius Crassus - Marcus' tentmate and best friend
4) Marcus Valerius Laevinus - a legionary of Legio XX Valeria Victrix
5) Garnat son of Talan - sister-son and heir of Calgach of the Caledones
6) Gairea ní Machar - novice Druidess and seer
7) Cathal mac Comgall - champion of the Epidii tribe
8) Calgach son of Brude - King of the Caledones tribe
9) Gnaeus Julius Agricola - Governor of Britannia
10) Tuathal mac Fiacha - an exiled prince from Eriu
1. 4 invites 3 and 8 to dinner at their house. What happens?
Ouch! That would be awkward! It'd be fine if it were just Marcus and Decius - they're best mates, after all - but throw Calgach into the mix, and a heated argument à la "What Have The Romans Ever Done For Us?" is in full swing before the starter is even cleared away. I definitely don't see Calgach staying for pudding. He disapproves when the Romans make a dessert. Har har.
2. 9 tries to get 5 to go to a strip club. What happens?
*snort* Well, I'm sure Garnat likes the boobies as much as any other (straight) guy, but I don't think he'd go with Agricola - on principle. Might suspect some sort of devious Roman trap. An attempt to lull him into a false sense of security. Or something. ;)
3. You need to stay at a friend's house for a night. Who do you choose: 1 or 6?
Er... I think I'll stay with Aedán at his mentor's house. Wouldn't fancy staying at Gairea's place, truth be told. You could cut the atmosphere in that house with a knife. When people aren't arguing with each other, they're glaring silently at each other across the room.
4. 2 and 7 are making out. 10 walks in. What is their reaction?
"MY EYES! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!" Or some first-century variation thereof.
(Actually, that would probably be my reaction, too. Cathal/Sargaid?! Do you realise I'll be stuck with that image for the rest of my life now?)
5. 3 falls in love with 6. 8 is jealous. What happens?
Well, that would depend on who he was jealous of: Decius, or Gairea. ;) Some sort of divide and conquer strategy would have to be implemented, as well as Calgach's much-vaunted gift of the gab if he is to win the object of his affections away from the other one, in the style of Cyrano de Bergerac. ;)
6. 4 jumps you in a dark alleyway. Who comes to your rescue: 10, 2, or 7?
Marcus? Why are you jumping people in dark alleyways? Does the army not pay you enough? *shrug* Well, I guess in this situation, Cathal would be the one to rescue me. He's always looking for an excuse to lay the smackdown on Marcus. And I think he'd relish being some sort of Marvel superhero. :)
7. 1 decides to start a cooking show. Fifteen minutes later, what is happening?
Anarchy. Aedán can't even make porridge without burning it. Stick to learning genealogies, okay, Aedán?
8. 3 has to marry either 8, 4, or 9. Whom do they choose?
Well, I'm sure Decius loves Marcus, just not sure he loves him that much! Who'll be the best man, then? Lol! Anyway, Decius is always looking for advancement, so Calgach and Agricola are the better options. Agricola's already married, so by process of elimination, that brings us to Calgach (who must have succeeded after all in wresting him away from Gairea in question five!) OMG a Caledonian king marrying a Roman legionary in a civil ceremony? And here I thought Marcus and Gairea were supposed to be the epic, star-crossed lovers in this book!
9. 7 kidnaps 2 and demands something from 5 for 2's release. What is it?
Kidnapping Sargaid? Good luck with that, Cathal. Anyway, he'll probably demand something outrageous off Garnat. Maybe that they switch places so Cathal can be Calgach's heir and nephew instead.
10. Everyone gangs up on 3. Does 3 have a chance in hell?
About the same odds as a snowball, I reckon. And that's when he is sober.
11. Everyone is invited to 2 and 10's wedding except for 8. How do they react?
Wow, Sargaid! Your ability to pull younger men in this meme is unprecedented! Ahem. Anyway, Calgach would probably feel a bit snubbed. Surely the King of the Caledones merits an invitation to the wedding of a Chief Druidess and a prince. He'll probably show up anyway, just to make a point of it.
12. Why is 6 afraid of 7?
'Cause he ate Agricola! ('Cause 7 ate 9 - geddit?? Oh, never mind...)
13. 1 arrives late for 2 and 10's wedding. What happens, and why were they late?
Oh, Aedán could get lost in his own bedplace. Probably got lost on the way to the wedding. And no doubt his lateness would hold up the whole damn thing - he's likely one of the novices needed to help out with the wedding sacrifice!
14. 5 and 9 get roaring drunk and end up at your house. What happens?
Hm? What was that? I thought I heard someone buzzing the doorbell.... No, must just have been my imagination. *turns up volume on iPod* Heheheh. Suckers.
15. 9 murders 2's best friend. What does 2 do to get back at them?
She'd do it the good old-fashioned Druid way: she'd curse the hell out of him!
16. 6 and 1 are in mortal peril and only one of them can survive. Does 6 save themself or 1?
Oh, Gairea would do the noble thing and sacrifice herself for Aedán. She is the heroine, after all. Not to mention she'd probably end up getting done for something tantamount to kin-slaying, anyway, even if she did survive.
17. 8 and 3 go camping. For some reason they forgot to bring along any food. What do they do?
Find some local farm to raid. Decius has plenty experience of nabbing food from conquered farms, and hey, Calgach's the king, right? They'd just end up giving it to him later as tribute, anyway. ;)
18. 5 is in a
Agricola would save him himself and get him to the finest Roman physicians - then, when Garnat is recovered, use his gratitude to make an alliance and take over the Caledones that way! Mwahaha!
19. The quiz is over. Tag someone.
I'm not going to bother tagging. I'll just let this meme run free in the wild...